Saturday, May 31, 2008

The Grass is Blue?

For any bluegrass fans out there as well as people who are curious to learn more about this American, folk-inspired genre, I found an excellent site for you to check out. Personally, I am not a fan of country as I find it too nasally, whiny, and tacky. However, bluegrass, seems to take all the wonderful melodic and instrumentation elements of country and blend it into a pleasing final product without necessarily giving in to the pop country-fusion world *cough*Faith Hill*cough*.

If you are a fan of country music, I do not apologize. We each have different tastes, and the way our ears and minds have been trained to process sounds differ greatly. What sounds cacophonous to you may sound like a choir of angels to me. I respect that there are elements of every musical genre that will appeal to different people. There is nothing wrong with country music, and there is nothing wrong with people who like country music. I'm simply not one of them.

No comments: